MINIMUM RENTAL PERIOD: 5 days*.
*The minimum rental period for cruise ship clients is four (4) hours.
AGE LIMITS: The minimum age limit for all our rental cars is 25 years of age wheareas the maximum age limit for all our rental cars is 80 years of age.
DRIVER'S LICENSE: All the potential drivers must hold a valid driving license that has been issued at least two years before the actual car rental starts and is valid in Greece. Driving licenses that have been issued by a non E.U. member country (excluding Switzerland), have to be accompanied with an international driver's permit.
*Expressrentacar.gr withhelds the right to cancel a car rental booking if no or not the appropriate driving license(s) is/are shown on the first day of rental without being liable for any kind of compensation to the renter.
BABY/BOOSTER SEATS: Three types of baby/booster seats are available for children between ten months and three years at an additional daily fee of 3.72 Euro. Due to responsibility issues, baby/booster seats have to be fitted in the rental car by the renter.
DEPOSIT: For safety reasons, the main driver (or any other driver stated on the rental contract) will have to present a valid credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard) upon collection of his/her rental car, from which a pre-authorization equal to the excess amount of the insurance cover provided will be processed.
Rates include the following covers:
- For death or injury to third parties up to 1.000.000 Euro per victim.
- For material damages to third parties up to 1.000.000 Euro per accident, excluding Expressrentacar.gr vehicles.
- Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.): The renter is responsible for any kind of damage (due of the renter's fault) to the rental car up to:
- The maximum amount of 500.00 Euro for car categories A, B and C.
- The maximum amount of 700.00 Euro for car categories D, E, F, F1 and G.
- The maximum amount of 1200.00 Euro for car categories H and I.
- Full fire & theft insurance.
- 24 hours breakdown assistance on the islands of Kefalonia & Ithaca.
*Expressrentacar.gr does not provide a full insurance waiver with a zero excess for any of its rental cars.
The insurance provided is not valid and the renter is responisble for all the amount of damages caused when:
- The renter is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The rental car is driven on non-paved roads (4X4 vehicles are excluded).
- The rental car is driven with a flat tyre.
- The renter participates in extemporary car races or drives recklessly.
- The renter violates the Greek traffic law.
- The renter uses fuel different to the one recommended by the manufacturer of the rental car.
- The rental car is driven by a non authorized person (not stated on the rental contract).
- The renter does not return the rental car on the date and time stated on the car hire contract.
- All insurances are valid only on the islands of Kefalonia and Ithaca.
- All traffic fines are paid for by the renter.
- Damages to the tyres of the rental vehicle are paid for by the renter.
- Damaged or lost car key is paid for by the renter.
- The fuel is paid for by the renter.
- Excessive dirt (sand or stains from suncream or salt water in the interior of the rental car) or damages to the interior of the rental car are due to be paid for by the renter.
- Bookings are made by car category and not by car type/model.